10 Best Places to visit with kids and family in Denpasar
Denpasar is the capital of Bali and perfectly located on the seacoast offering amazing opportunities to the huge number of tourists visiting this place. This city is full of temples and markets. The beaches in this city are beautiful,and tourists love them due to all the amenities available there. This has become a major attraction for people from all over the world after a long time of being occupied by the Dutch. The history and the stories behind some of these places are truly intriguing and can capture the attention of the tourists.
Here are the list of the best places and the spots to go when in Denpasar.
- Bajra Sandhi monument: This monument is situated in the center of the city and is revered by the locals because the monument stands to honor the struggles of the Balinese people and symbolizes their struggle. This monument is important for the Balinese people to preserve their culture and story for the future generations and that is why it is highly revered by the people staying there. The monument has all the basic necessities like eateries, shuttle bus, public washrooms, to name a few. This is the best spot for a family vacation and for spending a day learning about the Balinese people and their culture.
- Bali Provincial Public Museum: This museum is situated at the center of the capital city, Denpasar and is beautifully carved and constructed. The architecture is quite common since it is completely inspired by the traditional architecture of the Balinese people. It has beautiful stone carvings, which are marvels in themselves. This museum contains the true essence of the Balinese people and their culture and history. The museum does a good job of educating the tourists about the area’s history and traditions. There are more than ten thousand exhibits in the museum that includes a variety of artifacts and statues. Tourists will find a neat and properly maintained tropical garden. The garden has full of trees and vegetation along with a number of statues that depicts the local forms of art and dance. If you wish to be in a place where you can find history and relax a bit, then this is the place to be. The kids would love to have a tour of the gardens,and the adults can take in all the artistic creations.
- Atlantis International Bali: Since the beginning of this Centre, it has rapidly become very popular among the tourists, especially those who love to dive or seek an adventure sport. Atlantis International Bali is one of the best sites for diving and underwater tours. They are certified by PADI,and they are registered with FFESSM. Thus you do not have to worry about their levels of professionalism. They are highly trained and follow every safety rules to make sure that the guests have a safe but enjoyable experience. They offer diving trips all over the island,and each diving experience is personalized. The trainers are very capable,and they will train the guests before they undertake any activity based on the present skill. The courses are done in English,and that makes sure that every tourist is able to understand the courses. The visitors can fully explore the marine life of the country with the help of wreck diving, underwater photography, nitrox diving and many more. This will be an unforgettable experience for your family and your kids.
- Sakenan Temple: This is a very important temple for the preservation of the Balinese and the Hindu culture. This temple is the symbol of how the two cultures can co-exist peacefully. The locals revere this temple and visit this temple often. There are pilgrims who visit this temple by either foot or on wooden boats. They come from faraway places during the celebration of the anniversary of this piodalan The celebration goes on for two hundred and ten days. If you are lucky enough then you can witness this amazing festival and the devotees offering their respects in the temple. This event is several years old but is still relevant today. The architecture of the temple is stunning,and the tourists will be amazed to see it. With your family, this can be the perfect place to spend an entire day in the calmness of the temple.
- Shark Island: As the name suggests, this island offers the best opportunities to get and close with a shark. This place was built to take care of the sharks and allow visitors to experience the feeling of being close to a shark. This nursery offers the visitor a three-hourlong tour of the facility allowing them to interact with the sharks such as feeding them or swimming with them in a protected environment. The experience is so designed as to be fun for visitors from all age groups, including the kids. Even if you do not know how to swim, you can enjoy the experience. The experience of being close to a shark is something that the visitors will never forget. If you seek some thrill, then this is the place you need to be.
- Cemara Beach: If you are looking for a trip to a wonderful beach then the Cemara Beach will not disappoint you. This beach is loved by the visitors and the locals alike. The clean white sands and the clear water make for a good This is the most sought-after beach in the area. The lumps of red corals provide the best views of the beach. This beach is a paradise for a photographer since the views are breathtaking. You can also opt for some water activities and have some food in the restaurants present there. This is a place where you can have some fun and then relax a bit and spend your day by the sea.
- Pasar Badung Market: This is located about a kilometer away from the center of the city and has a rich ancient history. This is the largest market in the city and tourists will find all kinds of local foods and snacks. Apart from food, the tourists can also find a wide range of handicrafts and accessories made by the locals. They also sell homewares and the local produce which are fresh and will tempt you to buy them. The locals visit this market daily,and you will love the hustle of the market area. This is the perfect place from where to buy the perfect token or souvenirs to take back. The vibrancy of the place is enough to fill you with the experiences that you will cherish.
- Pura Jagatnatha: This temple is also known as the Jagatnath a Temple and is a very important temple for the Hindus. It is dedicated to Sanghyang Widi. This is the largest temple in Denpasar and has a beautiful construction. Constructed with white coral, the temple walls are carved with scenes that depict various stories and fables about Sanghyang Widi and various other gods of the Hindu mythology. If you are lucky, then you can witness the major festivals that are celebrated twice every month. You can easily join in the activities and have an amazing experience with your entire family and your kids.
- Sanur Beach: Being closer to resorts and clubs, this is one of the best beaches in the city. This beach was once a fishing village,and it still has the original essence even after developing so much. Tourists will find all possible amenities near the beach. This was the first beach to offer a complete premium atmosphere with resorts and beach If you are in this city, then you have to spend a day at this beach and enjoy the rustic charm of a fishing village along with services like resorts and restaurants.
- TCEC Turtle Conservation: After opening in 2006, this Centre has been doing a good job of protecting turtles in Indonesia. They have been protecting turtle eggs from illegal poaching, trafficking,and While doing this, they were also able to attract a number of tourists who enjoyed seeing the turtles and being a part of the entire process. The visitors are told about the entire procedure of how they protect the eggs and take care of the newborn. When the turtles are fully matured, they are left to go out in the ocean. They provide guided tours and allow you to learn a lot about these turtles.
Bali is an amazing place,and its proximity to the beach makes it a perfect place for a family vacation. There is something for every age group. Be it temples or ancient architectures, you can see it all. Apart from the history, this city is full of natural spots and beaches which provide you ample opportunities to relax and have fun. Denpasar is the place you have to be in if you want an experience that you will always remember.