Djerba- A tour of the island of seafood and beaches
10 Best Places to visit with kids and family in Djerba, Tunisia
Djerba Island is located off the coast of Tunisia,and it is known for its beaches and the whitewashed desert towns. This island is also known for its handicrafts and the fishing ports. The island is spread over 500 square kilometers of area,and though it may sound like there is nothing to do in here, in fact, there are lots of things to do. From theme parks to bustling street markets, you will find several spots to visit the island. The island is considered as one of the fastest growing tourist spots in the world. The fact that this island is the largest island in the North African region. if you are preparing for a vacation with your family, then this place must be on your list of places to visit. The beautiful beaches and the interesting facts about the island will make the kids interested in this place.
Here is a list of all the top places to visit when vacationing with your family in Djerba, Tunisia.
- Krokodilfarm Animalia: Djerba Island is known for its wildlife,and this park is the prime example of how rich this island is in terms of wildlife. This park is the largest park of its kind in this region. When you are here, then you cannot miss out on witnessing the amazing creatures in their natural surroundings. There are about four hundred crocodiles that were transported here to keep them in an area that is beautifully maintained with exotic plants and ponds. Watching these wonderful creatures is an amazing If possible try to be there during their feeding time. the experience might be a bit scary but a priceless experience nonetheless. The kids are bound to get excited about seeing the crocodiles in real time. They will definitely be amazed, and this will be an opportunity for them to learn something about these wonderful creatures.
- Royal Carriage Club Riding School: If you are a fan of horse riding or want to learn how to ride one then the Royal Carriage Club Riding School is the place you need to be. They have different types of courses, be it weekly or a personalized course. Choose any course and have fun riding the horses. All your wishes will come true regarding horses,and this is a golden opportunity to learn horse riding from the best trainers and the best horses since they are not only specialists in horse riding but also in other areas concerning horses. This will surely be a lovely experience. The kids will be excited to go horse riding.
- Djerba Explore Park:This is a wildlife park where you can see other animals. They also have huge number of crocodiles along with other smaller animals. This means that the kids will be entertained the entire day and you can have a look at the wide varieties of animals in the park. It is one of the best places to visit with your family and have a peaceful tour of the park and see the various animals kept there.
- Quad Evasion and Passion: If you are a fan of quad bikes then this is where your wish will be fulfilled. The Quad Evasion and Passion is the best facility for riding quad bikes,and they are hugely popular with the tourists who seek some form of thrill. You can ride the quad bikes and tour the adjoining areas. The general route consists of riding along the sea coast and an exciting ride on the sand dunes. You will have an amazing view of the wonderful sites that the island has in store for the tourists. If your kids are eligible, then they will have the most exciting time riding the quad bikes and touring the island. The experience is bound to be awesome and something to be remembered.
- Blue Dolphin Dive Center: This is the probably the best diving facilities on the island,and they are run by some of the best people. If you like diving or would like to experience it for the first time, then this is the facility that you cannot miss. Here, they will take care of all the equipment and assist you in diving in the depth of the sea and observe the beautiful underwater views. They have two separate facilities on the island,and so you need not worry about which part of the island you are on. The employees of the facilities are multilingual,and you will have no problem if you prefer English to communicate. This ensures that you are properly advised,and your safety is assured by them. If you visit this facility, then you will get an opportunity to view the incredible sights under the water,and it will be a worth while experience.
- Sentido Djerba Beach: If you are in Djerba then visiting a beach is something that you cannot miss. The best beaches in the region are found in Djerba. Moreover, the Sentido Djerba Beach stays true to the reputation. This is a private beach facility that offers premium beach experiences to its guests. If you need a place to relax and view the sea, then this is the place where you will get it. They have great service,and the atmosphere is very comfortable. The view from this facility is simply If you want to swim, then they have a private swimming pool to fulfill your desire. The experience here is worth the while,and a trip to this place must be on the top of your priority. The entire family will like the place and will have a peaceful time.
- Sunset in Borj Djillidj: This place is close to the Ajim village. This village might be a familiar place for some Star Wars fans since some of the scenes of the movie were shot here. Borj Djillidj is the location from where you can view the best sunsets. You can also see a lot of fishermen return after their time in the sea. They unload their fresh catch that consists of octopuses and various kinds of fishes. Do not forget your camera because the sunsets seen from here are meant to be captured and treasured. This will be the most serene places you have ever visited. The tranquility of this place will completely enchant you. The entire family will love their trip to here.
- Midoun: This is the most colorful markets you would have ever seen. The market is always filled with people and If you visit this market, then you will be amazed at how enjoyable the market is. The market consists if narrow alleyways and the houses are built in the traditional Arabian style,and they have beautiful doors. You can find a variety of things on the market. There are orchards and groves of date-palms beside the market. A tour of the market with your entire family will be a fun-filled day, watching all the items on sale and buying the handicrafts made by the locals. If you feel hungry, then there are restaurants and hotels where you can have food influenced by a wide range of cuisines including Sudanese and French. It will be an eventful day for all the shopping and the food.
- Ras Rmel: This is a place that feels like a scene from a postcard. This surreal place is inhabited by a huge number of flamingoes. Their pink colored bodies mingling with the blue color of the ocean makes for a scene that is worthy of being captured and framed. The place of such beautiful scenery. You can go for a swim in the clear waters or have a feast of the fresh oysters caught by the fishermen. The place has a lot of things to do,and the tourists love coming here to view the flamingoes and the beautiful scenes.
- Traditional Heritage Museum:Here you can learn a lot about the history and the culture of the people of this island. This museum is built on an area of about 5100 square meters and is divided into various segments. You can find a huge number of exhibits that are divided into categories,so that is easier for the tourists to see. There are scene recreations and posters throughout the museum telling the guests about the Djerbians. The exhibits do a fantastic job of depicting the daily lives of the people and their history. Visiting this museum will enable you to understand the people of this island in a better way and also the way the life is here.
Djerba is a wonderful island full of beautiful sceneries and spots to visit while on vacation. The best beaches and the fresh seafood are the things that cannot be missed. The crocodile farm is one of the places that is absolutely necessary to visit. Apart from the mentioned places, there are a number of other places where you can visit with your entire family and kids and have a fun vacation.