10 Best Places to visit with kids and family in St Petersburg, Russia
St. Petersburg- A tour of the city of history and fun
St Petersburg was the capital for over two centuries since it was founded by Peter the Great. This port city signifies the Russian culture and history and is still considered one of the most important cities in Russia. The rich cultural heritage of this city has made this a popular tourist place and every year people flock to this city to observe the fantastic history of Russia. Apart from museums and art galleries this city also has a number of attractions for the children. The city has grown over the years,and it has adapted to the changing world scenario and is very hospitable to the tourists. This city has grown to be a destination for vacations for a lot of people.
Here is the list of the top places to visit in this city with your kids and family in St. Petersburg.
- Planet Neptune: If you are interested in sea creatures then visiting the planet Neptune aquarium is a must. The kids will be fascinated with all the sea animals present here and the sheer monstrosity of the entire complex. There are several exhibits such as various types of rare and exotic sea creatures. You can also view the interactive sessions like feeding the piranhas. There are several shows that include seals and stingrays. Certain shows also include sharks which will make the kids excited and they will remember this experience. The shows are well performed and are an important part of the aquarium. the aquarium gets quite busy,so if you check the schedules, then it might be helpful in getting entry without any hassle. The shows and the exhibits are worth the entire wait.
- The children’s railroad: This railroad has the distinction of being the first of its kind when it was opened in 1932. This railway has been upgraded to make it modern and is one of the most modern ones among the others scattered throughout in Russia. This railway is specifically designed to make it enjoyable for the kids and to give them an opportunity to tell them about the different kinds of professions in the railways. This is an educational tour with a lot of fun. The kids will definitely enjoy the ride and will be interested in knowing several things on their way. The train starts from the station in Molodyozhnaya and ends at the station in Pushkin. Pushkin is the town where the famous Russian poet Alexander Pushkin lived. The entire ride is an unforgettable experience for the kids.
- Divo Ostrov: Nothing can be better than taking your kids to an amusement park and letting them enjoy the rides. The Divo Ostrov amusement park is located on the Krestovsky Island,and it is a fun place to go with your family and kids. The park has rides for everyone. For kids, there are numerous rides to enjoy and have fun. For the adults, there are a bit scarier rides which will definitely make you scream. All the rides are designed in a way to provide the guests an unforgettable experience. Being situated in an open space, apart from the rides the kids will get huge opens paces to run around and play. A perfect combination of fun and thrill, this place must be visited if you are in this city. The experience will be amazing.
- The dolphinarium: Located just a few minutes away from the amusement park, this dolphinarium is an innovative place to get close to dolphins. The kids will be excited to see the dolphins,and they will also get opportunities to play with them too. The dolphinarium conducts various shows which involve the dolphins,and apart from them, sea lions and walruses are also included. You can catch these shows with your family and watch the dolphins and the other creatures perform superbly. There is also a swimming pool where you can swim with the dolphins and play with them. This will definitely get the kids excited,and the close encounter with the dolphins will be a fantastic experience. If you need to relax then the dolphinarium has a solution for that too. They offer a therapy that is known as dolphin theory and is very effective. You can get these therapy with your family and kids to relax.
- Labirintum: If you want your kids to have an interesting look at science then the Labirintum u is a place that you cannot miss. This science museum is filled with interactive science exhibits and experiments,and the kids will feel involved. The interactive sessions are very popular among the tourists. In this science museum, kids can create hurricanes by using their hands and navigate a maze made of mirrors. These are some of the many activities that are open to the children. The museum does a good job of explaining the laws of biology, physics, chemistry and that is done by using simple experiments. The experiments will surely get the children involved and will make science fun for them. If you want to spend a day learning some things and making your kids interested, then this museum is a must visit the place.
- On board the Aurora: Getting on board the Aurora will make your kids feel like a captain and the ship will make them wonder how marvelous they can be. Aurora was a naval ship that was involved in the World War 2 and the World War 1. Apart from these, it was also in a lot of other wars. The ship is now fully maintained,and the interiors are modeled to offer the best historical experience and walk the guests through all the wars that the ship was a witness to and a part of. The ship contains a lot of artifacts and exhibits from the days of the wars and is an interesting way to get accustomed to the naval history of Russia. This will be an informative and a fun tour and probably the best way to teach your kids some history.
- Ciniselli Circus: This was probably the first circus that had a brick and mortar structure. Russia is famous for its rich heritage in circus and the famous circus performers. This circus was founded by a famous Italian circus performer named Gaetano Ciniselli. The circus has become very famous over the years,and the expert performers and trainers perform fabulous shows. The main attraction of the=is circus is the animal shows. The kids will be amazed at the animals performing the tricks.
- Maket Rossiya: If you are running short on time to tour the entire country then this is an opportunity to view the entire country at a single place. This mini model of Russia is an absolute pleasure to watch and learn more about the country. This model is the largest in the country and ranks second in the world. This model has all the details including the smallest and the remotest villages and towns in the country. The sheer detailing of the model is enough to astound the visitors. This would be an interesting way to tell your kids about Russia.
- The planetarium: This planetarium, which is located in the city is the largest planetarium in the world and is an amazing place to watch the stars and the planets. When the planetarium was launched, it surprised both the locals and the tourists. The planetarium enables you to view the amazing space show and also allows you visit a section for virtual reality. There are options for taking educational classes in This planetarium is the newest addition to the city’s marvels and looks up the schedules before you visit it.
- The Hermitage: Even an entire day will be less to view the entire collection of the exhibits. The authorities say that the total time period to needed to view all of them would be around eleven years. Here you will find arts by famous artists like Leonardo da Vinci, Rembrandt,and The vast grounds around the palace are also very beautiful,and you can tour the entire complex with your family and kids.
St. Petersburg is a city of marvels,and the amazing museums and the aquariums make it one of the best cities to visit if you areon vacation with your family. This city has something for every age group,and the kids will find the place very interesting. There are lots of places to visit,and the kid-friendly spots are especially popular. The city is filled with amazing places to visit,and the ancient history of the city makes it more interesting. If you are planning to visit a city where every family member can enjoy then this city must be on your list of vacation destinations. Since it is a very popular place, you need to make advanced reservations and before you visit a particular place make sure to check the schedules and availability of tickets.