10 Best Places to visit with kids & family in Sydney
Sydney– Tour of the city of beaches and tranquility
The capital of New South Wales, Sydney is one of the most well-known cities in the world. It is the city with the highest population in Australia. Sydney is a city that feels like it is straight out of a movie. It is the perfect place to visit if you are planning a family vacation. This city is the best when it comes to an all-around experience,and the food and the tourist spots are amazing. The Sydney Opera House is a place that everyone must have heard about. Apart from the opera house, there are tons of family-friendly vacation spots in and around the city. Once you reach there, the city will spoil you with the choice of places to visit. The city is located in the coastal area of Australia and has the largest natural coastline in the world. This ensures that you have access to several wonderful beaches.
Here is the list of the top places to visit if you are on a family vacation in Sydney:
- Circular Quay: This is one of those places where you can feel the spirit of the city engulfing you. This is also a very busy port,and you can see scores of boats and steamers leaving the port full of passengers. As soon as you reach this spot, you will be filled with the excitement of being in this city. This is a charming place and the best place to have a peaceful stroll or to sit down and admire the view. Taking a picture with the backdrop of all the prestigious and beautiful building is a must. This is one of the most iconic places in the city. Since this port is so busy, you will find a number of restaurants around this place where you can have a healthy dose of the local cuisine. On a normal day, there is enough place for the kids to run around and have fun in the area adjoining the harbor. If you want to get a feel for the city and Australia, then you need to begin your tour from here.
- Taronga Zoo: This is probably the best place to have a zoo since the setting of the zoo is perfect. It is located just a few minutes away from the Central Quay and on a naturally lush green area. To reach the zoo, you can get a ferry ride from the Central Quay,and you will reach the zoo. The zoo has a number of animals from all over the world,and the officials of the zoo are very friendly. The kids will love the close encounter with the animals allowing them to interact with the animals. The experience of getting close to an animal will be one of the most exciting memories of the visitors. If you want a great day spent with wild animals and the view of the Sydney Opera House, then this zoo is must visit.
- Darling Harbor: This is a lively precinct at a harbor side and is a fun place for the kids to have fun. The adults can rest a bit or walk around exploring the various entertainments available in there. There are options for either free entertainment or some paid options. The kids would love the free rides such as the swings, climbing ropes and the flying fox. As paid entertainment, there are options for IMAX theatres in the vicinity. The park also contains the Sea Life Sydney Aquarium, where the lids would like to see the sea creatures. There is also a Wildlife Park near it. For eating options, there are several restaurants and bars where you can enjoy the local cuisines. If you are looking for cheaper options then you can go to the food court within the Harborside This is a really fun place to hang out and view the attractions near the place. If you wish to hang out with your kid then is the perfect place to do so.
- Luna Park: It has an iconic welcoming structure consisting of a smiling face. It is a very popular place,and you can easily identify as you reach the area. This is an amusement park for the entire family and has many rides where you can go as a family and enjoy. Their tagline “Just for Fun” is true since once you enter the park, you will find the entire establishment exciting. There are several rides such as the slides in the Coney Island, dodgem cars,and wild mouse riding, to name just a few. There is also a giant Ferris wheel from where you can get a wonderful view of the city and the surrounding areas. The place is full of fun and a day spent in here as a family will be totally worth it.
- Royal Botanical Garden: This is an absolutely beautiful garden located near the shore with a beautiful view of the opera house and the bridge. This is a lovely spot for the entire family to get together and have a picnic in the sunshine. The kids are sure to have an amazing time running around and playing on the grounds of the garden. You can spend an hour in here to relax and have some family time. There are tours available,but if you wish, then you can opt for a self-guided tour of the garden. While getting a tour do not miss the different types of flowers and plants that are grown there. You will be stunned by the variety of the flowers and how colorful the garden looks. This is one of those places in the city where you can have some peace and the best for a family picnic giving you loads of time to spend with your family.
- Cockatoo Island:The name of the island was derived from the fact that once upon a time the island would be frequented by the cockatoos, which would migrate here. The island has a rich history behind it, and the story of the island attracts more visitors. This island is the largest island in Sydney. The island has a history of housing a prison, shipyards and a reformatory. The prison has been declared by the UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. You can opt for a tour of the prisons,and they provide you with a booklet. The booklet is a part of the Convict Clues Challenge, which includes finding clues by using the information and maps given in the booklet. This will definitely capture the attention of the kids,and they will get busy with the challenge. It is agreat place to have a tour and know something about the history of the city.
- Sydney Harbor Bridge: This is one thing that you must do if you are in Sydney. There are two options to tour the bridge. The first option is to pay about $200 to climb up the bridge and take a stroll in the upper levels or take the free option,and you can tour the bridge at a slightly lower level. Walk across the 4-kilometer bridge to the end which is located in the Milsons Point. The walk would be something you always remember,and you will enjoy each moment of being up on the bridge.
- Beach: Touring Sydney without going to a beach feels incomplete,and the beaches of Sydney are simplyamazing. There are many beaches to enjoy your day out with the family. One of the most popular beaches is the Bronte and Coogee beach located in the eastern suburbs. Pack your swimming gears and the sunscreen lotion,and you are ready to have a fund ay at the beach, splashing around in the waters and relaxing under the sun.
- Powerhouse Museum: This is one of the most innovative museums in the city,and the sheer number of exhibits will amaze you. The museum keeps adding newer exhibits often,and their exhibits tend to be more modern and interactive in nature. The interactive exhibits include experiments done to explain science stuff and the Locomotive No. 1, which shows how the steam engines developed over the year through an interesting There is also an exhibit named “The Art of the Brick,” which includes more than 120 sculptures of the superheroes from the universe of DC Comics made up of Lego bricks. Such exhibits are sure to make the kids interested in spending a day touring a museum.
- Top of the Sydney Tower:The Sydney Tower is the tallest free-standing structure in the city,and the ride to the top of the tower is absolutely exhilarating. Visitors need to pay $18 for an adult and just $11 for a kid to reach the top of the tower. Once you reach the top, you can get an amazing view of the entire city. There is also an option for the Sky Walk,and the glass floor will definitely terrify if for only some time. the experience at the top of the tower is absolutely amazing.
Sydney is an amazing city and the best for any family vacation. There are tons of sites to visit and sites to see. The city is surrounded by beaches and beautiful islands. If you are in Australia, then you must definitely visit this city from here you will find something for every age group and every member of the family.