Top 10 places in Houston that your kids will love
“Houston” is synonymous with fun, amusement and exuberance when it comes to kids. The place takes every amusement starting from museums, water slides to beaches on board that keep your kid’s entertainment of a lifetime. Houston is the house of entertainment for kids of all ages.
So without wasting time, have a look of our rundown of the top 20 places in Houston that your kids will love to the core.
- Beat the heat at “Splash way Family Water Park”– Splash way Family Water Park is the ideal place to spend your weekends. You can reach this ocean of entertainment after an hour and a half drive from central Houston. Experience an adrenal rush while riding at Texas’ tallest headfirst mat racer water slide. This water slide will surely give you one of its kind experience. The source of entertainment is not limited to this slide only. You can take the delight of various other rides along with lip-smacking foods. All this under one roof. Isn’t great? No need to go place to place for entertainment. The Splash way Family Water Park has it all.
- Get the feel of the underwater world at “Downtown Aquarium”-You will have a gala time at this one-of-its-kind aquarium which has its own restaurant to serve you sumptuous food while you are busy in praising the underwater world beauty. The aquatic exhibits are noteworthy things. Fun rides, games and fishy stores are other activities that will entertain your kids. The most astonishing thing here is the 200,000- gallon shark tank. Have a tour of this amazing place along with your kids on weekends and take home a bag full of memories and excitement. Spared over an area of six-acre land, the place houses more than 200 species of aquatic animals from across the globe. The aquarium is as diverse as real water world. That is what makes it a place to visit.
- Be on the wheel at the Aerodrome Ice Skating Complex– Get ready to groove yourself at the Aerodrome Ice Skating complex. With over 1000 skates, the place is the best way to keep your kids fit and active. Skating is not only a fun activity, but it also a great cardio workout. Whether you are a beginner or a pro skater, the place has all the elements to cater your needs. You can join the hockey and skating classes here as well. The fun and entertainment increase twofold on Friday when the complex organizes various events and dancing games on ice with a DJ playing your favorite tunes.
- Gratify the curiosity of your kid’s mind at “Children’s Museum of Houston” – With more than 14 concrete and worthy of note exhibits, this museum is surely a playground for your kid’s curious mind. Let them explore the adventure to program a robot, conceives the ideas, face the camera, read-out the news, be an entrepreneur, or give them a chance to experience a mayor’s life. They can gear them up to mount over a three-story tower. The museum offers free family nights on Thursday that makes it an easy-on-the-pocket antic. The pagoda-style entryway grabs many eyeballs at first sight.
- Have a look of Milyway at, “Johnson Space Centre” – Let your kid a look of celestial bodies at Johnson Space Centre. The center offers a live coverage of Mars Science Laboratory is surely a thing to experience. A walk through stars and the galaxy will take you on a tour of the universe. There is no better ways to experience the cosmos world than visiting this space center. You can have a fractional feeling of a real-time astronaut while spending the afternoon with a NASA astronaut. The Blast of Theater will shake your nerves by a real-time “blastoff”. Enhance the knowledge of your kids in a better way by taking them to the Astronaut Gallery which displays the portraits of all and sundry who has taken wing to the space. The collection of spacesuits down here is considered as the best in the world. To feed the future astronauts, the space center has a cafeteria on the premises.
- Take a tour of wildlife at “Houston Zoo”- Ditch the animal books and take your kids to the Houston Zoo for a better understanding of the animal kingdom. The zoo is considered as one the famed zoo in Texas. With more than 6,000 animals of over 900 species, the zoo receives 2.55 million visitors each year. This place makes available a fun, unique, and inspirational experience of the wildlife. Explore the animal habitats along with giraffe feeding. There is a swap shop inside the zoo where you can bring in your found treasures. The merriment further increases by its other services such as Water Play Park, Sneak Peek tours, and Zoo Crew experiences that will keep amuse people of all age groups.
- Become a fan of “Sugar Land Skeeters”– This amazing constellation field is located in Sugar Land, Texas. It is considered as a shrine for all the baseball fans. It is not like any other ballpark. In fact, it is a state of art with all the amenities on board. The oversized scoreboard keeps you updated with the score while you are busy in taking a dip in the pool. Munch on the lip-smacking snacks after a long and tired play time at “The Insperity Club”.
- Befall little close to Mother Nature at Houston Museum of Natural Science- Your kids will thank you enough for bringing them to this amazing place which has its own 3D IMAX Theater. The paleontology hall in the museum definitely deserves a handful of praising words because of its state of the art construction. The planetarium and other exhibits such as butterfly exhibits are worthy of checkout once. Because of all these out-of-the-ordinary and internationally acclaimed exhibits, the museum has ranked as a second most visited museum in the United States.
- Go for a hike and bike at “Buffalo Bayou”– If you want to see the perfect blend of natural beauty and urban development then come to Buffalo Bayou. This 52-miles slow-flowing waterway holds a magnificent beauty in it that lures people to visit here again and again. The flour and fauna down here bestows Houston with a flourishing green belt. The best way to unveil the beauty of the place is by hiking, biking or boating. Rent a bike and take a tour of this picturesque landscape along with your kids or go for a trail. There are many parks in the area, which will amuse your kids all day long.
- Let your kids explore the hidden acting talent at Houston Family Art Centre– Do your kids love to act in a play? Do they like to perform in their annual day function? If the answer is yes, then it is time to take for a visit of the Houston Family Art Centre. The theater is famed to produce and staged original and interesting plays that instill moral values in your children in a fun way. Godspell, Driving Miss Daisy, and Midsummer Night’s Dream is few remarkable works of the theater. The best part is, your kids can also take the part in the plays. You can enroll your child in various classes conducted by the theater as per their interest.
- Spend a gala time at “Houston Party Playland”– Don’t want to go out in the sweaty summer or chill winters then come to Houston Party Playland. This indoor playground has a plethora of playing and gaming option to keep your kids of all ages amused and engaged. It is a place where you will find kid’s entertainment and parents’ comfort simultaneously. Whether your kid is 3-year old or 13-years old, they all can play here without any discomfort. On the other hand, the parents can have a breather from the consent worry of kids getting hurt as the place is covered with a cushioned mattress all over. Blocks, tunnels, slides, climbing structures, trampoline, zip-line, and a toddler town are some of the major attractions of this Playland.
- Meet the Nile crocodile at “Crocodile Encounter”– As the name suggests, this place will give you an opportunity to encounter a meeting with Nile crocodiles. It is home to the largest group this rare species of crocodile. The place will provide you a totally different and out-of-ordinary wildlife experience with its wildlife shows and activity.
- Take a break from the hustle- bustle of city life and come to “Houston Arboretum & Nature Center”- Mother Nature is what that keeps us alive. Let your kids understand the world of nature by bringing them to this place. Spread over 155 acre land, the park is rich in flora and fauna. The natural beauty of the place has a therapeutic effect on your tired and deadbeat sense. Your kids will feel a sense of rejuvenation while playing in the lap of nature.
- Let them feel the adrenal rush of a fighter at “Combat Houston” –Sibling fights are indeed a thing to cherish for lifetime. Take your kids along with their friends and siblings to Combat Houston, best paintball field, and gave them a chance to feel like a fighter. See how they are taking out their sibling frustration out in a fun way.
- Enjoy in a vintage style at 7-Acre Wood– This vintage family fun park has an edge over other family attraction because of its old-fashioned set-up. Spread over 7 ½ acre, this family park takes many activities on the boards, including petting zoo, mini golf course, giant chess and checkers, gigantic sandbox, zip line, horseshoes and western play town keep the entire family entertained and amused.
- Spend a day at Dewberry Farm- A day spend at Dewberry Farm is a day well spend. Pick fresh pumpkins or walk down the corn fields. Other than this, the place has many fun rides, including Rat racers, Goat walk, Corn Box, Hay jump and Hay Mountain, and roller ride that your little ones will surely love. Click wonderful and funky pictures at “Photo Props”. The farm is closed during fall season, so plan your visit accordingly.
- Get a mood lift at Moody Garden– Have an experience of aqua world, rainforest world, and museum world under one roof at Moody Garden. Meet the sharks and penguins at Aquarium Pyramid while an authentic rainforest adventure can be achieved at Rainforest Pyramid. Moody Garden is a place which takes all the entertainment bare bones to keep you amused. 3 D and 4D Theaters, Colonel Paddlewheel Boat, Palm Beach and the annual Festival of Lights, are some of the attractions of the place that attracts peoples. The place has its own world-class golf course and a MG 3 D theater which boast world’s first giant-screen 4K 6-Primary Laser Projection System.
- Soar over the Gulf of Mexico at Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier– Are you a ride-lover? Then Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier is the right place for you. With more than 16 one of its kinds and towering rides, the place will surely take you high. Iron shark Rollercoaster is definitively a must try. Pier Map, Gulf Rider, Pirate Plunge, Revolution, Cyclone, Sea Dragon, Galaxy Wheel, and Texas Tea are some other rides that will give your adrenal rush. 8-minute adventure at 5 D theatre shark Ride will surely let you jump off from your seats. Whac-a-Mole, Big Shot Hoops, Nothin’ But Net, Tub Toss- Ring Toss, Iron Shark Attack, and Lucky Duck are some midway games that give an extra dose of entertainment.
- Have glimpses of seaside show at Kemah Boardwalk– Don’t wait for the weekend to come. Visit Kemah Boardwalk that is open daily and a fun dose for everyone. One can reach here after a 20 miles drive from downtown Houston. Waterfront restaurants, amusements, charming retail stores, festivals and seaside shows are its major attractions.
20- Munch on lip-smacking snacks at Dave and Buster’s – We never return home before having a sumptuous meal after a fun day and Dave & Buster’s is the right place to have a yummy treat. This 56,000 square foot dining area takes entertainment facility such as world-class pocket billiards, shuffleboard and the latest video games and interactive simulators to entertain you.
Houston has endless options to amuse you whether you are going out with a fun-loving toddler or an adventure-seeking teenager. So, just plan a day out with your kids and come home with a bag full of memories.