Have you ever been to an international trip alone? If no, then please note that, you need to keep your essentials handy. In order to help you make a trip smoothly we, in this blog create a Ultimate Travel Packing Checklist of items to be carried along with you. Reading on can help you to understand certain important things that you must carry while travelling to foreign countries
Expert travelers, who had made a trip a number of times, relate to the fact that, you need to make a detailed plan for travelling abroad. In case you are a student, you need to make a perfect plan for yourself, as travelling abroad would mean starting a new life altogether for a prospective student! Students who have traveled abroad earlier warn you against the risk factors involved.
Most importantly, travelers should keep a checklist of travel packing items which they can readily carry. If you need some extra items, for instance a pair of snickers or shoe pairs, please note that, you need to plan accordingly. Carrying an extra weight can make you pay more! Therefore, make sure that, you plan your budget!
Travel Packing Checklist on which you need to focus while making an international trip:
1. Make sure that your passport and visa is valid. This is very important since these two documents are your gateway towards visiting abroad.
2. Make a list of things that you need! Make sure that you carry all the essential items!
3. Ensure that you take vaccinations as and when required and you should carry a proof of it. Prescriptions of doctors need to be carried along with
4. Complete the process of registration in advance
5. Make sure that you fill the wallet in accordance to your requirement and budget
6. A travel insurance needs to be kept handy
7. Ensure that you pack things early
8. Check whether you are carrying the necessary documents such as passport and visa, flight and hotel brochures, driving license, and information related to insurance.
9. Also check whether you are carrying your toiletries based on your individual requirements
Create a focus on your Essentials
It is essential for you to carry a checklist of the items which are to be carried along with you. This check list should ideally contain the details of your passport, visa, aircraft ticket, list of addresses for your boarding, doctors’ prescription etc. Make sure that you carry a handy pouch for such things as well!
Pack your things so as to minimize the weight of your luggage
This is something which needs to be considered before you check the final weight of your luggage. Remember that an international travel requires a lot of responsibility and hence taking care of your luggage remains to be a necessity. Expert travelers give you a lot of tips on how to manage your luggage hence you can accordingly plan.
Arrangement of clothes remains to be a priority and hence it is suggested that, you follow an organized procedure. Travelers who have been travelling abroad remain to be extra cautious and they suggest that, you take all measures to reduce the weight of your luggage.
Tips for managing your luggage:
• In case you are looking forward to reducing the weight of your luggage please ensure that you wear the heaviest jacket during travelling.
• Pack a number of winters wears if possible. This is especially applicable if you are travelling to western countries
• Organize your luggage based on your requirements. Make sure you prioritize your luggage items based on your daily requirements.
• Consider to take a bit of hand luggage in case you require it on emergency
• Consider to take clothes which are ironed well so that they could be folded easily.
• Your luggage bag should be featherweight to avoid excessive weight.
• Make sure that you pack less formal wear. As a student you might require your casuals very often.
• Make a list of priority items. Please leave out on anything extra
• Ensure that your hand luggage contains all the valuables. Your laptop or your camera can be a part of your hand luggage.
• Expert travelers suggest that you avoid taking kitchen appliances which can carry a lot of weight.
Carrying Electronic Items: The Do’s and the Don’ts
Expert travelers who have traveled abroad frequently have stated that, you should be extra careful in carrying electronic items. An important accessory remains to be a power adapter which can be carried as an essential item. Pack in your chargers well in advance so that you do not forget them. At the same time, do not forget to carry an electric shaver if you are a male. In case you are worried about the costs, experts suggest that you can buy them online as well.
Know what are your Optional Items: take a call accordingly
It is best to know what your optional items are. These can be DVDs, books or other such related stationaries. Toiletries can also be included in this list. Therefore, it is important for you to make a priority based on exactly what you require. Experts who had travelled frequently lets you know that, each and every item counts on your luggage weight. Therefore you decision remains to be sacrosanct in this regard.
What are the items to avoid so that you can feel safe?
Since international travels require certain norms to be fulfilled, it is important that you make a list of items, which you deliberately need to avoid. These are:
• Gold Jewelleries or even diamond ones.
• Knives, scissors or any such sharp items
• Packed food or any such related perishable items
• Deodorants or extra soap bars, shampoos and other toiletries
• Avoid carrying quilts, blankets and pillow covers. For that matter of fact bedspreads also need to be avoided.
It is important to know the Useful Links. You can make a thorough research on the list of items which are debarred from being carried on flight while travelling to some specific countries. The links can be found on Google.
Are you ready for Bon Voyage?
If you had followed each and every instruction as above, then you should be surely ready for the voyage! Make a list of items being carried, so that, in case of any negligence of the airlines you can directly ask for the compensation! Ensure to carry a minimum luggage in order to be on the safe side!
Keep your valuables handy! Make sure that you carry the international currency of that specific country as well to save you some extra effort! Study the website of the foreign services of the specific country that you intend to visit!