Weekend getaway near Seoul
Seoul is the capital city of South Korea, and as we all know, it is extremely developed in terms of infrastructure and technology. You can find skyscrapers almost everywhere in the city, and people here are always on the go. The people of Seoul are always in a rush, and the city almost never sleeps. Since the city has so much to offer, people from nearby towns and countries come and prefer settling here to grow career wise. The city doesn’t lag behind even when it comes to entertainment and shopping. Seoul has attractive markets and temples. Everyone looks for a getaway,and since the city leads a very busy lifestyle in general, people love to take advantage of the few chances they ever get and go for short getaways.
So here is a list of a few places near Seoul which are perfect for a short and relaxing getaway:
Busan is a charming and beautiful place to visit if you are planning a short getaway. Busan is famous for the beaches which are very clean and have scenic views along the coast. It is also a very famous holiday spot for many celebrities so don’t get surprised if you bump into one of your favorite ones or see any across the street. Many spa centres and temples are amongst the main attractions of this city. Apart from that, Busan’s cuisine is very famous,and you can find various mixed types of cuisines in the restaurants.
- Distance from Seoul- Takes 2.5 hours from the train and four hours by car and is nearly 200 miles away from the maincity.
- Best time to visit- The city is at its best during fall.
- Places to stay- JB design hotel, Sunset business hotel, Westin Chosun Busan
Boseong is famous for green tea fields and is a perfect luscious green treat to the eyes who want to escape the blues of city life. Boseong is perfect for a one day trip,and the place is extremely beautiful with all the natural, untouched surroundings. Get the breath of fresh leafy air and purify your lungs, detox your soul and refresh your mind. You can smell tea leaves at every corner of the place and often, exhibitions are held which are very informative. Besides treat to the eyes, this placeoffersa treatfor the taste buds,and you can find many restaurants which serve green tea dishes like ice creams, drinks, rice cake soup, etc. This place is perfect for nature lovers and atrip to this place will calm your mind until your next visit.
- Distance from Seoul- 193 miles away from the maincity
- Best time to visit- the place is best to be visited during spring season
- Places to stay- Prado hotel, Sejong hotel, Firenze hotel
- Asan blue village
This is one of the least explored places in Korea The place is between the Asan and has various buildings with beautiful examples of modern architecture. If you want to explore a new place altogether and move around all day while enjoying travelling, then this is the best place for you to visit. This place is quiet and peaceful,and you will find many spots to sit and munch on your favourite snacks. The place has tiny cafes and restaurants which serve sumptuous food. You will find the best background for your pictures and the perfect walls and buildings to put on your screens as wallpapers.
- Distance from Seoul- exact distance not mentioned but you can get atrain from line 1 in Seouland you will reach in the maincity through that.
- Best time to visit- any time of the year
- Places to stay- Onyang Grand hotel, The Cheil hotel, Hoseo hotel
Jeonju is the perfect place for a one day visit and can be explored to itsmaximum extent in one day. The place is famous for its pretty beaches. If you have been hitting gym lately and are in mood of showing off, then these beaches are perfect. Jeonju is mainly known to be swimming spot for people. Apart from this, you will find many people trying to get the perfect tan during the summer season. If you are in themoodof a beachy getaway for a weekend, then you should consider visiting this place as it won’t disappoint.
- Distance from Seoul- it is 121 miles away from the maincity
- Best time to visit- in summer of July and August
- Places to stay- Ramada Jeonju, Chonju tourist hotel, Wooshin hotel
- Everland and Caribbean bay
It is a very famous amusement park which is not very far from the Seoul city. If you are not in themood of exploring new places but surely want to break the monotony, then visiting this amusement park can be a thrilling experience. Everland is famous for its roller coaster rides,and it will get your adrenaline rushing like never before; so keep your inhibitions aside and hop on the rides. Get all wet and wild at Caribbean bay which is a water park and is the best getaway ever.
- Distance from Seoul- 22.5 miles and you can take shuttle bus as well as train
- Best time to visit- any time of the year
- Places to stay- one day visit kind of place.
So here are a few places which you could consider to visit while you are planning to visit places near the Seoul city for a short getaway. Change your mood and refresh yourself and have the best time ever until your next weekend and an even better trip. The places are absolutely perfect for weekend visits and visiting them will definitely fall in your budget.