Weekends make us curious to step out of our houses,and we certainly want to be away from our city, somewhere that does not have the hustles, noises of the city and even worries.
It is the best time to explore the beauty within or nearby your city. The year is also being unusually beautiful and cosy, so, a small exploration trip with your loved one or family is a must-have.
Without any further delay, here is the list of places you can go to in your coming weekends or plan to go to these places. These places are under the radius of 200-300 km:
Top 5 Most Popular Weekend Getaways From Kiev under the radius of 200-300 km:
1. KACHANIVKA RESERVE
Kachanivka Reserve is one of the best place that depicts history and cultures of Ukraine. It is one of the finest historical and cultural reserve.
The tour to this wonderful place gives great insights of the history of the place as well as Ukraine. The place has numerous buildings that were constructed long back and were reconstructed in the 19th century.
Beautiful lakes along the side of statues and building add to the beauty of the reserve. It is also the birthplace of so many famous paintings.
- Distance from Kiev: Kachanivka Reserve is 183 Kms in distance from the main Kiev city which is approximately a 2-3 hour drive.
- Places to stay: There is certainly no place or restaurants for lunch or dinner so it is advisable if you could just make meals for yourselves and head for the picnic.
- Best time to visit: July to November are the best months to visit the place.
2. BUKY CANYON
Buky Canyon in the Cherkassy region is no doubt one of the most amazing and beautiful areas in central Ukraine.
This is just an amazing option if you are willing to spend your weekends in the lap of nature. It has got some beautiful scenic views and a river flowing in between the Proterozoic granite’s whose age is estimated to be somewhere near 2 billion years.
It is with no dubiety one of the hidden gems of Ukraine. There are comfortable picnic areas constructed near the coast of the canyon.
You must make sure that you arrive a little early to make sure that you get the most convenient spot because the places are given on the first come first serve basis.
- Distance from Kiev: Buky Canyon is 180 km from the main Kiev city and probably 2 or 3-hour drive but all the time is worth it because of the beautiful site you get after reaching there.
- Best time to visit: The months of March to May are the best time to visit Buky canyon.
3. PARK IN BUKI VILLAGE
The park was founded back in 1996 in the Buky village in Ukraine. It is one of the natural wonders of Ukraine and yet another fun place to visit on your weekends if you are not willing to travel far from the city.
The place is somewhere around 114 km away from the main Kiev. You can certainly admire the valley of fairytales. Although the entry is chargeable,it doesn’t make a hole in your pocket.
There are hotels, restaurants and cafes within the territory of the park.
- Distance from Kiev:It is an absolutely appropriate place if you are searching for a place to visit with your family. It is hardly 1:30 to 2-hour drive from Kiev.
- Best time to visit: You may visit the place all through the year bu July to March are the best time to visit the place.
Watermill is located in Gorodyshche that is in the Pustovarovske village. The mill is a unique monument of the industrial architecture that certainly attracts people because of the interesting surroundings.
The complex of the industrial area has two building and a river flowing along the side of the buildings. It is yet another amazing spot for a picnic.
The beautiful nature of its surrounding has certainly increased its popularity. You can certainly return from the trip in one day as there is not much to explore near the water mill.
It is just an amazing option for your wonderful short trips and realizes that interesting things are just not too far.
- Distance from Kiev:Watermill is 114 km away from the capital Kiev. It is probably 1.5 to 2-hour drive from Kiev.
- Best time to visit: Marchto May an July to October is the best time to visit the place.
5. Trip to Uman
Uman is one among the nearest getaways from Kiev. The place has a lot to offer. Right from some interesting historical buildings to some mesmerizing views of the nature.
It proves to be an amazing trip for weekends. The place isn’t far from the main city yet amazingly interesting. Sofiyivka Park is one of the greatest attraction in Uman.
It is beautifully constructed and surrounded by dense greenery. It has some interesting historical exploration sites and scenic natural beauty.
- Distance from Kiev:The place isn’t too far from the Kiev. The distance between Kiev and Uman is 210 kms and probably a drive of 4 hours. The fastest route is when you take the Kyiy-Odessy Highway.
- Place to stay:To make your stay amazing Hoshen Hotel are working their best to provide you withthe best of the service.
- Best time to visit:There is no specific best time to visit the place but you could constraint yourself in the hot summers. July to November are certainly the best months.
Kiev is the capital of Ukraine; the place is mildly populated and has some really beautiful attractions to it. But the residents will anyhow want to step out in the weekend.
Kiev has some really beautiful places that are not too far from the main city. The areas around it with beautiful waterfalls, parks and valleys make the weekend plans quite confusing. There is something for everyone.